Saturday, February 21, 2015

It Has Brought Me Pain

AS MANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW DEPRESSION HAS BEEN IN MY LIFE SINCE I WAS 13 YEARS OLD. MY ROUGHEST TIME WITH DEPRESSION WAS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 15-17. THROUGH OUT THAT TIME, MY LIFE TOOK A TURN COMPLETELY. I WAS STRUGGLING DAY IN AND DAY OUT, BUT NOW THAT I LOOK BACK TO THOSE ROUGH TIMES, I WOULD NOT TAKE ANYTHING BACK. THOUGH DEPRESSION HAS BROUGHT ME MANY STRUGGLES AND PAIN, IF I CAN TAKE ONE POSITIVE THING OUT OF DEPRESSION, IS HOW MUCH I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF AND HOW STRONG I AM NOW. NO ONE WILL FULLY UNDERSTAND UNLESS YOU STRUGGLE WITH DEPRESSION. DEPRESSION HAS BROUGHT A LOT OF PAIN TO MYSELF BUT ALSO THE PEOPLE I LOVE, I HAVE LOST FRIENDS, MADE MY FAMILY'S RELATIONSHIP HARDER. BUT DESPITE ALL OF THIS, I HAVE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT MYSELF. THOUGH, EVERYDAY IS DIFFERENT, SOMEDAYS I AM TOTALLY FINE, BUT OTHERS CAN BE THE HARDEST DAYS, I JUST KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT NOW. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOURNEY WITH DEPRESSION WAS WHEN I HIT ROCK BOTTEM AND THEN PICKING MYSELF UP, THEN LEARNING NEW WAYS TO DEAL WITH DEPRESSION. BUT I PROMISE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT DEALS WITH DEPRESSION THAT IT WILL GET BETER, IT DOES GET BETTER. DO NOT LET DEPRESSION BE YOUR LIFE, WHEN I FIRST DEALT WITH DEPRESSION, THE ONLY WAY I KNEW TO DESCRIBE MY LIFE AND MYSELF WAS "I AM A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL AND I HAVE DEPRESSION" BUT IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS. ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND THIS PEACE WITH YOURSELF AND YOUR MIND THAT WILL GUIDE YOU OUT OF THE DARK PLACE. THOUGH, I STILL STRUGGLE WITH DEPRESSION, NOW I JUST KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT. I WANT TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE AND I WANT TO BE STRONG, AND THAT IS MY MISSION IN LIFE. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NEVER ALONE. ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF THAT IT WILL GET BETTER. 


XOXO,
L.