Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pseudotumor Cerebri ?

Hey Guys,

     When I always tell people my condition ; Pseudotumor Cerebri, Many people do not understand what it really is and the struggles people have when they battle with Pseudotumor Cerebri. I thought it would be a great idea to share what Pseudotumor Cerebri is to bring attention to it. After doing some research and also by my personal experience I figured out a way to explain what Pseudotumor Cerebri really is. 


Pseudotumor Cerebri- Also Known as Idiopathic intracranial hypertension is when pressure inside your skull is created for no reason.Most symptoms mimic of a brain tumor though you really don't have one. Due to the fact of high pressure being created inside your skull it can also cause you optic nerve to swell up. This causes your vision to blur.

Symptoms: Many of these following symptoms occurred to me

  • Headache
  • ringing in ear, whooshing sound
  • Nausea,vomitting,and dizziness
  • Blurry vison, double vision,seeing flashing lights
  • Neck pain, shoulder pains and back pain


As you guys may know by reading my previous blog post of my story, I felt all these symptoms and I was very scared so I stayed quiet for awhile. I was living my life with many pain and I knew something was wrong, One thing I can tell you guys is never stay quiet when you know something is not right with your body always go to your doctor. In my cause if I would of only spoken up earlier I maybe would of saved my vision maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

This website really helped me know more about Pseudotumor Cerebri. For more information: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pseudotumor-cerebri/DS00851